You can’t go wrong with crispy outside, soft on the inside air fryer sweet potato wedges. Potatoes can go with any meal, and these are no exception. Make these for your next dinner, get-together, or snack. They are quick, easy, and delicious.
Today, I have teamed up with Bako Sweet to bring you this easy air fryer sweet potato wedge recipe.
Why Bako Sweet Potatoes?
There are many sweet potatoes to choose from, but I used Bako Sweet for these air fryer sweet potato wedges. Choosing foods that improve our food chain is important, and looking for companies that care about quality instead of just quantity can be hard to find.
Why Bako is a good pick;
- USDA Organic, grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, preservatives, and GMOs.
- Bako Sweet uses sustainable growing practices.
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals (vitamin A, antioxidants, fiber, and more)
- Each bag has equally sized sweet potatoes, making cooking times consistent.
- Grown in California, the perfect climate for the ultimate sweet potato flavor.
I find mine at Sprouts, but if you don’t have Sprouts, you can find them at a local retailer near you using the store locator.
Money talks. Spend it on companies who give back and are doing good.
Best Potatoes For Wedges
Avoid using small potatoes, like baby sweet potatoes or any petite varieties. These are perfect for many other recipes but won’t be as sturdy as an Orange Sweet Potato. Sweet potatoes are large and make a perfect wedge.
How Long To Cook Sweet Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
Most air fryers have a “french fry setting.” On my air fryer, it is set to 400F for 20 minutes. For two potatoes that cooked them perfectly without burning. The high temperature crisps the outside and leaves the center soft and fluffy.
For good measure, I checked them halfway through cooking and gave them a good shake to ensure even cooking.
What You’ll Need
A simple recipe that will be a crowd favorite. You only need three ingredients to make this recipe; they are pantry staples you might already have.
- Bako Sweet Potatoes
- Avocado Oil: any neutral oil works for this if you don’t have avocado oil.
- Steak Seasoning: hear me out. Steak seasoning is not only meant for meat. Steak seasoning gives the potatoes the same umami goodness. Check the label for non-vegan ingredients like beef flavoring.
Now, let’s get cooking!
PS: You might enjoy dipping them in vegan honey mustard sauce.
Air Fryer Bako Sweet Potato Wedges
Slice your Bako Sweet Potatoes in half, then cut them lengthwise to form wedges.
Add your sliced Bako Sweet Potatoes to a medium-sized bowl and add avocado oil and seasoning. Toss or mix until all wedges are covered.
Add the wedges to your air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes at 400F. My air fryer had a french fry setting which I used, and they turned out great.
Wedges are a quick and easy option if you don't enjoy cutting or if you don't have a ton of confidence with knife skills. I prefer the wedge method unless I use a potato cutter because it makes it easier.